“For the 66 years following its construction in 1919, CUA’s gymnasium hosted intercollegiate basketball (right), boxing and public gatherings such as the 1933 conferral of an honorary degree on President Franklin D. Roosevelt. In the gym’s basement, a pool hosted intercollegiate swimming meets. In 1989, the building’s interior got an extreme makeover, becoming the Edward M. Crough Center for Architectural Studies, which houses CUA’s School of Architecture and Planning.”
CUA’s Archives invites alumni to donate old Catholic University photos or memorabilia for preservation and use by scholars. To see examples of recently donated photos of campus, visit www.aladin.wrlc.org/gsdl/ collect/cuphoto/ cuphoto.shtml. To inquire about donating materials, call 202-319-5065.